Own Your Beautiful & You Could Be The #NextFacesOfPond’s
FACES OF POND’S 2021 COMPETITION:
Terms and Conditions
1) The Promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
2) The promotional competition ‘Faces of POND’S’ is open to all South African residents over the age. of 18 and in possession of a valid identity document.
3) The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
4) No participants under the age of 18 are allowed to enter the competition.
5) By participating in this competition, participants agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
7) This promotional competition is open from 01st July 2021 and closes on 30th November 2021.
a) Competition entries are open from 01st July 2021 and end 12 am midnight 30th September 2021. Any entries received after the entry closing date will not be considered.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (Faces of Pond's Competition)
8) To enter, participants will be required to:
8.1) Purchase any POND’S product from any store that stocks POND’S products.
8.2) If you purchase from Shoprite retail store you will receive an instant R5 airtime voucher, per product printed on your till slip. These consumers stand the chance to win Airtime to the value of R125 000,00. To see if they are the winner, they will need to dial into the USSD line printed on their till slip and follow the prompts.
8.3) Visit www.ponds.com/za
8.4) Insert all relevant details (Instagram handle requirement is mandatory, and the profile must not be private).
8.5) Upload your picture.
8.6) Enter the last 4 digits of your product barcode.
9) Participants must keep their till slip as proof of purchase.
10) Participants must enter in the correct contact details. If a Winner has given incorrect contact details, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner in terms of the rules.
11) Participants may enter as many times as they wish, provided that each entry is associated with a separate POND’S purchase and unique code. However, additional entries do not increase a participant of selection.
12) Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or transferable.
SELECTING WINNERS (Faces of Pond's Competition)
13) The selection process is as follows:
13.1) The Top 50 participants are chosen via their entries by 04th October 2021.
13.2) The Top 50 will be contacted and requested to submit their video entries by 18th October 2021.
13.3) The Promoter and a judging panel will then select the Top 20 participants from all video entries by the 29th October 2021.
13.4) The public will then vote for the Top 3 between the from 15th November 2021 up until the 25th November 2021. The public’s vote is a determining factor in establishing the top 3 winners in according with judges input based on the Promotor’s criteria. The final decision as per the top 3 winners shall be made by the Promoter whose decision shall be final and binding and no further correspondence will be entered into.
VOTING (Faces of Pond's Competition)
a) Public votes will be valid on POND’S South Africa website:
b) The Public must vote by selecting their favourite contestant on the POND’S South Africa website.
c) The voting opens on 15th November 2021 and will close on 25th November 2021.
d) The Promoter will announce the winners on the 30th November 2021.
14) The final winners will be selected based on the following criteria:
14.1) The Ability to represent the POND’S brand, namely.
14.1.1) Possessing adequate communication skills.
14.1.2) Possessing adequate knowledge regarding skincare.
14.1.3) Displaying a high level of enthusiasm and energy.
14.1.4) Displaying a passion for building and growing relationships.
14.1.5) Displaying a high level of partnership and commitment.
14.2) Alignment to the POND’S brand values of authenticity and transformation. Winners should feel empowered to be a role model to others by owning their individuality and qualities that are unique to every person.
14.3) Resonance with the POND’S target audience.
14.4) Not having appeared in competitor marketing material.
15) The winners will be required to provide their name, ID number, copy of their identity document, and contact details.
16) The winners will be contacted telephonically by the 30th November 2021. If successfully contacted, the winners will also be requested to provide certified proof of their banking details, that is, an official dated and signed bank letter. The winners will also be informed of the contract they will need to sign which sets out the terms of their engagement as a POND’S brand ambassador (inclusive of all brand terms and expectations).
17) The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavour to contact the prize winners once every day for 5 (five) consecutive working days after their name is announced. If the prize winners cannot be contacted during this period, the prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
18) Any prize not taken up for any reason within 2 (two) months of notification will be forfeited.
PRIZE DETAILS (Faces of Pond's Competition)
19) The 3 (three) Faces of POND’S Campaign Winners will:
19.1) Receive a cash prize of R25 000, and a full tech starter kit to the value of R20 000 in order to further your career, studies or start-up business.
19.2) Exclusivity, as a brand ambassador (Face of POND’S), to attend all POND’S events, launches, product releases, and master classes in 2021/22, whether virtual or in person (subject to COVID 19 restrictions).
19.3) One-year supply of POND’S products to the value of R5 000.
19.4) The once in a lifetime opportunity to represent a global brand, and have all campaign collateral featured on either, print, out of home, digital, YouTube, in-store, television, or any other advertising medium.
GENERAL TERMS (Faces of Pond's Competition)
20) The winners will be required to sign indemnity and media release forms.
21) A copy of these rules can be found on the website throughout the period of the competition, or can be obtained from the Consumer Call Centre on telephone number 011 611 8000/087 352 0352 or email@example.com.
22) Failure to claim the prize, or a refusal or inability to provide required documentation or comply with any of the competition requirements within 2 (two) months, will disqualify the winner and a new winner will be drawn in terms of these rules.
23) The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
24) Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged, or delayed because of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
25) The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
26) In the event that the prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize of equal value.
27) The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
28) No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
29) NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail, cell phone or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void.
Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
30) The prize (POND’S products) is not exchangeable for cash and is not transferable.
31) The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the winners for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, and in perpetuity, without remuneration being made payable to the winners. However, the winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department.
32) The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
33) In the event that the prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with another of equal value.
34) Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers, or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the winners.
35) The judges’ decision is final, and no further correspondence will be entered.
36) Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
37) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook.
38) All participants in this competition release Facebook from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
39) This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to telephone networks.
40) All participants in this competition release Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
41) The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive, or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
42) Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
43) Participants agree that by uploading their “images” and/or stories, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images or stories or any part thereof, in all media for promotional/marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.
Entry Requirements for Pond’s Airtime Giveaway With Purchase Option (Available to Shoprite Retail Store Consumers Only)
44) To enter, participants will be required to:
44.1) Purchase any POND’S product at any participating Shoprite retail store.
44.2) Check their till slips for further entry instructions.
44.3) Dial into the USSD line printed onto the till slip to see if they are a winner.
45) The prize is a Stand a chance to Win a share of Airtime to the value of R125,000, set at an individual value of R5 each.
Selecting Winners for Pond’s Airtime Giveaway With Purchase Option (Available to Shoprite Retail Store Consumers Only)
46) Winners are selected by way of an Automated system draw.