#GOODBYEOILYSKIN 2020 COMPETITION:
Terms and Conditions
1) The Promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
2) The promotional competition (POND’S Lasting Oil Control Competition) is open to all South African residents in possession of a valid identity document.
3) The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
4) Any participant under the age of 18 years must be fully assisted by his/her guardian, who approves of and consents to the participant’s participation in the competition and the participant’s receipt/possession of the Prize.
5) By participating in this competition participants agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
7)This promotional competition is open from 21 August 2020 and ends 12 am midnight 21 November 2020. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
1. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (LOC COMPETITION
8) To enter, participants will be required to:
8.1) Purchase any POND’S Lasting Oil Control product from any store that stocks POND’S products
8.2) Visit ponds.co.za OR USSD Line [see 5. USSD entry requirements]
8.3) Insert all relevant details (Name, Date of Birth, City, Cell phone number)
8.4) Enter the last 4 digits of your product barcode
9) Participants must keep their till slip as proof of purchase.
10) Participants must enter in the correct contact details. If a Winner has given incorrect contact details, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner in terms of the rules.
11) Participants may enter as many times as they wish provided that each entry is associated with a separate POND’S purchase and unique code. However, additional entries do not increase a participants of selection.
12) Prizes are not exchangeable for or transferable.
2. SELECTING WINNERS (LOC COMPETITION)
13) The selection process is as follows:
13.1) Winners will be drawn randomly.
13.2) The Winners will be required to provide their names, ID numbers, copies of their identity documents, contact details, and proof of purchase (till slip)
14) The Winners will be contacted telephonically.
15) The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavour to contact the Prize Winners once every day for 5 consecutive working days after their name is drawn. If the Prize Winner cannot be contacted during this period, the Prize will be forfeited, and another Winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
16) Any Prize not taken up for any reason within two months of notification will be forfeited.
3. PRIZE DETAILS (LOC COMPETITION)
17) Prizes will be split into weekly and monthly prizes.
17.1) Weekly prizes – R100 000.00 in beauty vouchers:
- 100 x R1000.00 beauty vouchers – (20 vouchers from each of the following retailers - Shoprite, Foschini, Clicks, DisChem or PnP)
17.2) Monthly prizes – R100 000.00 in cash prizes
- 10 x R10 000.00 cash prizes
- Draw 1: September | 3 winners
- Draw 2: October | 3 winners
- Draw 3: November | 4 winners
- Winners will need to supply their banking details in order for the cash payment to be paid via EFT
18) Competition winners agree to have their pictures and /or name used on either, print, out of home, digital, YouTube or any other advertising medium.
4. GENERAL TERMS (LOC COMPETITION)
19) A copy of these rules can be found on the website www.ponds.com/za throughout the period of the competition or can be obtained from the Consumer Call Centre on telephone number 011 611 8000/087 352 0352 or email@example.com.
20) Failure to claim the Prize or a refusal or inability to provide required documentation or comply with any of the competition requirements within 2 months will disqualify Winners and a new Winner will be drawn in terms of these rules.
21) The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
22) Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
23) The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
24) In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize of equal value.
25) The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
26) No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
27) NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail, cell phone or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter more may result in disqualification and all associated entries will be void. Entries generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries by any means that subvert the entry process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry and may disqualify the entrant.
28) The Prize is not exchangeable and is not transferrable.
29) The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
30) In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another of equal value.
31) Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
32) The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
33) Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
34) This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to telephone networks.
35) All participants in this competition release Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
36) The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
37) Participants agree that by uploading their narratives, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the narratives or any part thereof, in any and all media for promotional /marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.
5. PRIZE DETAILS (LOC COMPETITION)
38) To enter, participants need to dial *120*435# and provide the details required. USSD entry costs 20c for 20 seconds.
39) This promotional competition on USSD is open from 23 October 2020 and ends 12 am midnight 21 November 2020. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
40) Consumers will need to enter one POND’S Lasting Oil Control barcode to qualify for the draws.