TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) The Promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
2) The promotional competition ‘Glow from home challenge’ is open to the 100 POND’S Peeps selected and contacted by Machine and Edelman on behalf of POND’S in South Africa
3) The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
4) Any participant under the age of 18 years must be fully assisted by his/her guardian, who approves of and consents to the participant’s participation in the challenge and the participant’s receipt/possession of the Prize.
5) By participating in this competition participants agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
7) This promotional competition is open from 17 April 2020 and ends 12am midnight on 8 May 2020. The competition may be extended subject to the prolongment of the lock down period, stipulated by the South African government. Any content created after the closing date will not be considered.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (Glow from home challenge)
8) To enter, participants will be required to:
8.1) Showcase their shade of pink in their content (uploaded on social media platform/s – Instagram and/or Facebook and/or Twitter.
8.2) Showcase their POND’S skin care routine (using POND’S products/ images of POND’S products OR reviewing the effects of their POND’S skin care routine without showcasing product)
8.3) Tag POND’S South Africa on the relevant platform and use the hashtags #pondssa and #glowfromhomechallenge
8.4) Submit a screen grab/ image detailing the engagement of their post once the competition/challenge closes for brand and agency review
9) Winners must supply their correct contact details. If a Winner has given incorrect contact details, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner in terms of the rules.
10) Participants may create as many content pieces as they wish, however, additional content does not increase a participants of winner selection.
11) Prizes are not transferable.
SELECTING WINNERS (Glow from home challenge)
12) The selection process is as follows:
12.1) The POND’S South Africa brand team, along with the Machine and Edelman teams will review all content created after the closing date
12.2) The Top 10 POND’S peeps content pieces with the most engagement will be contacted thereafter and will receive a R1000 cash prize
PRIZE DETAILS (Glow from home challenge)
13) The Winners will be required to provide their name, ID number, copy of their identity document, contact details.
14) The Winners will be contacted telephonically by the 8 th of May 2020, should the current South Africa lockdown timings not be extended. Should the lockdown be extended, the winners will be contacted at a later stage, which they will be informed of.
15) If successfully contacted, the winners will also be requested to provide certified proof of their banking details, that is, an official dated and signed bank letter.
16) The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavour to contact the Prize Winners once every day for 5 consecutive working days after all content has been reviewed. If any of the Prize Winners cannot be contacted during this period, their Prize will be forfeited, and another Winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
17) Any Prize not taken up for any reason within two months of notification will be forfeited.
18) The Prize includes:
18.1) R1000 in cash
GENERAL TERMS (Glow from home challenge)
19) A copy of these rules will available on www.ponds.com/za
20) Failure to claim the Prize or a refusal or inability to provide required documentation or comply with any of the competition requirements within 2 months will disqualify Winners and new Winners will be selected in terms of these rules.
21) The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
22) Responsibility is not accepted for content and screen grabs/ images of engagement lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
23) The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete content pieces and screen grabs/ images of engagement for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
24) In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize of equal value.
25) The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
26) No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries/content pieces will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
27) NOTE: Entries or engagement generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, engagement-swapping sites, engagement software, engagement service sites or any other automated means and entries or engagement by any means that subvert the entry process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/engagement and may disqualify the entrant.
28) The Prize is not transferrable.
29) The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
30) In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another of equal value.
31) Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
32) The winner selection decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
33) Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
34) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other social media network.
35) All participants in this competition release social media networks (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
36) The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
37) Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
38) Participants agree that by uploading their “images” and/or stories, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images or stories or any part thereof, in any and all media for promotional /marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.