Aside from your normal skincare regiment which should include washing and moisturising your face, there are a few habits for your mornings that will help to keep your skin naturally beautiful. Here are a few skin care tips for your morning that will keep your skin looking fresh and glowing radiantly.
- Apply a sunscreen or a product with an SPF in it such as your BB cream after gently cleansing your face with a good face wash. Dark spots can be caused by long term sun damage which can be prevented by using a sunscreen or skin products with an SPF in them.
- Eat protein for breakfast. According to research you are more likely to make healthier choices and have more energy if you eat a protein rich breakfast. Better food and exercise choices ultimately lead to healthier skin. Foods such as yoghurt, cheese, eggs and peanut butter are a great source of protein to kickstart your day.
- Have a boost of caffeine from green tea instead of coffee. Caffeine, in moderation, works wonders for your skin because it revitalises it. Green tea is also an excellent source of antioxidants which is a bonus because it prevents cell deterioration which can cause ageing.
- Have a glass of water before breakfast. Because you go several hours without water while you are sleeping your body begins to dehydrate. Starting your day with a glass or two of water instantly hydrates your body which keeps your skin nourished.
- Workout in the morning instead of at night. Exercise is a great way to stimulate circulation which is extremely important for your skin health. Blood circulation is responsible for moving oxygen and nutrients to the cells in your body. By moving your workout to the morning, you begin your day with a healthy dose of oxygen to keep you going and glowing.
- Start wearing a serum as part of your skincare routine. A serum is a concentrated formula of your skincare product. Serums will help to boost skin hydration and nourishment which is important for when you wake up especially because of the nutrients lost in your body.
Glowing skin takes more than just outward care. It is important to look after your skin both externally and through your daily routine.