For women today, everyone has a hot tip or a fad product to help make your beauty regime easier. Be careful of what you do or don’t do to your skin that could be causing long term damage. Here are ten beauty regime mistakes you didn’t know you were making.
- Exercising with make up on. We know you want to put your game face on and keep up appearances but working out with makeup on is a sure way to clog your pores and irritate your skin. Rather keep it clean and fresh for your work out.
- Neglecting your neck. Your next is exposed to the same elements as your face and should be treated exactly the same. Continue your face regime as far down your neck as possible.
- Not moisturising properly. Too much or too little of a good thing will do equal amounts of damage. Too much moisturiser will clog your pores and make your skin dull and too little will cause skin to dry out and flake.
- Not tending to your skin type. Choosing products for your specific skin type is important. Don’t just choose any old products, find the products that work for your skin type, even if it means mixing and matching things like creams and serums.
- Not using sunscreen under your eyes. By now we know the importance of sunscreen in our routine, not just to preserve your skin tone but also from a skin health perspective. The skin around your eyes is the thinnest on your body so take extra care to prepare it for the sun.
- Over exfoliating. Exfoliating Facial Foam will help to gently renew your skin. Too much exfoliation will erode your natural oil barrier and cause tight, sore skin.
- SPF in makeup isn’t enough. Purely due to how little makeup we apply and how it comes off during the day, just using makeup for sun protection is not enough.
- Touching your face. Your hands accumulate all sorts of grime from a range of surfaces. Touching your face throughout the day transfers this dirt onto your skin which clogs pores and causes breakouts.
- Washing with hot water. Hot water strips off your skins natural barrier oils. Warm or cool water will prevent you from stripping your skin from its natural protection.
- Never too early to use anti-ageing products. While there is no need to take drastic anti-ageing precautions while you are young, it can never hurt to start small.
There is such a fine line between helping and hurting your skin. The important thing is to find a balance of healthy skin care routines that will have your skin looking and feeling great.