We all know that beautiful habits keep our skin looking great. What you put in to your body has a huge impact on your skin and maintaining a healthy diet is the first step to healthy looking skin. From reducing wrinkles to preventing acne, these superfoods work from within to give you that radiant glow:
- Broccoli- This delicious green veggie is packed full of antioxidants, along with loads of other vitamins and minerals. Broccoli boosts your skins ability to guard against UV radiation damage.
- Carrots- Carrots are jam-packed with beta carotene, an antioxidant that the body converts to Vitamin A, which is a brilliant skin restoring agent.
- Dark Chocolate- Dark chocolate contains flavanols which are an antioxidant that can have anti ageing, anti-allergic, anti-carcinogenic, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Green tea- Green tea contains an antioxidant which is known for its ability to reduce redness or unevenness. Whilst fighting inflammation, green tea is sure to leave you with a healthy glow.
- Kidney beans- These little gems are bursting with zinc, which has healing properties. This will assist in reducing those dreaded blemishes and skin conditions.
- Oats- Oats is known to prevent spiked blood sugar, which comes in handy as high blood sugar causes your body to over produce a hormone which is known to cause wrinkles.
- Peppers- Antioxidants found in yellow and green peppers reduce the skin’s sensitivity to the sun.
- Pomegranates- Polyphenol antioxidants from pomegranates help to regulate blood flow and circulation, which keeps the body oxygenated, give you an undeniable glow.
- Pumpkin seeds- These seeds are a skin superfood packed with lots of zinc. Zinc helps to protect your cell membranes, boost collagen and promote skin regeneration.
Natural skin care is a great start to your beauty regime. Thanks to these foods, you can start your skin care from within. Add a great beauty regime to this, and you will be turning heads!