- Removing blackheads with your hands can cause germs to transfer and infect the broken skin.
- Clean your face during the day to remove any dirt and dust your skin is exposed to.
- Use a facial cleanser with salicylic acid to reduce 99% of pimple-causing germs in your pores.
Blackheads may seem to affect adolescents more thanks to the hormonal changes in their bodies, but really, they could happen to anybody. When excess sebum clogging your pores meets dirt and dust from the environment, it hardens to form a “plug”, or a whitehead. When these plugs get exposed to air, they turn a dark brown to form blackheads.
Whiteheads or blackheads, they’re both equally unwelcome on the face. But before you go popping out the “plugs”, consider these tips by skin experts at The Pond’s Institute.
1. Do not remove blackheads with your hands
A whole world of germs could be nesting in the palms of your hands. Trying to remove blackheads by squeezing them can infect them with germs instead and cause severe pimples. Worse still, you could injure your skin and leave scars that are difficult to remove.
2. Clean your face during the day
Throughout the day, your skin gets exposed to all kinds of aggressors. These aggressors can reach into the pores inside your skin, and trigger blackheads to form and become visible on the outside. To effectively remove dirt and excess oil, cleanse your face during the day using the right products. The right skin care products can help your skin achieve the right balance — clean and hydrated!
3. Use a facial cleanser with salicylic acid
What makes salicylic acid really powerful against blackheads and oily skin is its abilities.
Cleansing with salicylic acid can
- exfoliate dead cells inside the hair follicle
- help balance the level of sebum on the surface of your skin
- prevent dirt from clogging pores
- inhibit the growth of pimple-causing germs
- fights 99% of germs that can lead to pimples and blemishes
Plus, this ingredient can also reduce inflammation. If you can’t cleanse during the day, wash your face with Pond’s Pimple Clear as soon as you get home. The formula contains Salicylic Acid so blackheads will hardly stand any chance!
It’s good to know how to get rid of pimples but it’s also good to know about the causes of pimples. Read more about that here: The Real Causes Of Pimples You Didn’t Know About