There are few moments in life as high pressure and important as a dream job interview or a wedding day. You are often tense enough as it is without having to worry about how you look. Here are some tips for your beauty regime that will have you feeling confident and ready to take on the world.
- Tame troubled skin but never squeeze. Especially on the day or days leading up to a big event. Squeezing will cause swelling and inflammation and can cause infection, which is the last thing you need before the big day.
- Cleanse according to your skin type. Keeping your skin clean is an essential part of your beauty regime, for all skin types. Use a face wash daily to prevent breakouts and infections.
- Exfoliate regularly. Exfoliation helps to get rid of dead cells on the surface of the skin which can cause a dull complexion. A regular gentle exfoliation will make the skin smooth and renewed.
- Use a toner. Depending on your skin type toner is important. For oily skin, it is essential to remove grime and oil residue, it also helps to shirk pores and balance your PH. If your skin is less oily or combination, light weight toner is best.
- Moisturise. This is a critical part of your skin care habits. Even if your skin is oily or combination, you should always apply moisturiser. Harsh elements such as wind, pollution and sun cause your skins natural barrier to break down. By moisturising you are putting this barrier back into your skin.
- Sun protection. This should be a part of your daily beauty regime. It will help to prevent dark spots and uneven skin tone. Use a light weight sun screen so as not to clog you pores.
- Prep and prime. Make sure skin is clean and dry before applying your makeup. If you have a primer, apply it to your skin to smooth the surface.