Ageing is a natural part of life. A little line or sag is part of our existence however there is a way to age gracefully. The secret to ageing gracefully starts with identifying what exactly is the cause of ageing. Once we have identified this, we can make use of medical technology and ancient remedies to assist us in slowing down the ageing process.
A few signs and symptoms of ageing:
- Enlarged pores are caused by impurities on the surface of the skin mixing with natural skin oils, which causes clogged pores. Once the pore is blocked oil production is inhibited which in time causes the pore itself to become enlarged and inflamed.
- The skin on your neck is thinner and the muscles in the neck are weaker than on the rest of your body, making it more susceptible to damage and sagging. The skin on your neck should be treated with the same care as you treat the skin on your face.
- Sagging and wrinkling is due to a reduction in the production of elastin and collagen. As your skin gets older it begins to lose its thickness, firmness and elasticity. Certain environmental factors, such as smoking and poor diet, can cause this process to accelerate. An anti-ageing beauty regime will help to protect and restore these vital cells.
- Sun spots are caused by excessive exposure to the sun and are patches of damaged skin which form on the skins surface. Sun spots appear darker by contrast to the natural skin tone.
Treatments for rapid ageing include:
- Keeping hydrated is a great way to slow the ageing process. Skin is extremely sensitive to water loss which can cause a change in texture and appearance.
- Sleep is extremely important in the body’s rejuvenation processes. Making sure you get enough sleep is extremely important to keeping your skin bright and healthy.
- Stay away from excessive alcohol and tobacco. These are a major contributors towards premature ageing. Both are associated with dehydration and circulation problems. Poor circulation causes damage to capillaries which leaves skin poorly oxygenated. Alcohol causes dehydration which deprives your skin of vital moisture.
- Healthy diet is characterised for the most part by balance. Standardised portions and a variety of protein, oils, fruit, vegetables and carbohydrates is extremely important to your overall health, including your skin health. A well-adjusted diet can slow premature ageing.
- A balanced beauty regime is paramount in the prevention of premature ageing and in the process of slowing skin ageing. Keeping your skin cleansed, toned and moisturised is central to maturing naturally and healthily.
It is important to keep up your skin regime using the right skin care products for your skin type. Aging is natural however we can prepare and prevent premature ageing by treating our skin with love and care.